Nineteen DGHI faculty members, staff and affiliates recently shared new discoveries on a variety of global health topics in peer-reviewed publications. Click on the article links below to learn more:
Ben Anderson, Gregory Gray
- Journal of Infectious Diseases – Bioaerosol sampling in modern agriculture: A novel approach for emerging pathogen surveillance?
- Journal of Epidemiology and Community Health – Cardiovascular mortality sex differentials in selected East Asian and Western populations
- Environmental Health – Challenges and opportunities for urban environmental health and sustainability: The HEALTHY-POLIS Initiative
- AIDS Care – Evaluating mental health difficulties and associated outcomes among HIV-positive adolescents in Tanzania
- Open Forum Infectious Diseases – Novel highly pathogenic avian H5 influenza A viruses in live poultry markets, Wuxi City, China, 2013−2014
- China Economic Review – The prevalence of depression and depressive symptoms among adults in China: Estimation based on a national household survey
- Clinical Journal of the American Society of Nephrology – Health education and general practitioner training in hypertension management: Long term effects on kidney function
- Lancet Psychiatry – How anthropological theory and methods can advance global mental health (Commentary)
- Social Science & Medicine – The ecocultural context and child behavior problems: A qualitative analysis in rural Nepal
- Academic Psychiatry – Training psychiatrists for global mental health: Cultural psychiatry, collaborative inquiry, and ethics of alterity
- Journal of Medical Internet Research – Epic Allies: Development of a gaming app to improve antiretroviral therapy adherence among young HIV-positive men who have sex with men
- New England Journal of Medicine – Will precision medicine move us beyond race?
Brittney Sullivan (global health doctoral certificate candidate)
American Journal of Nursing – A year in Malawi
- Infectious Diseases of Poverty – Are tuberculosis patients adherent to prescribed treatments in China? Results of a prospective cohort study
- PLOS One – Impact of community-based DOT on tuberculosis treatment outcomes: A systematic review and meta-analysis
- BMC Pregnancy and Childbirth – Towards universal access to skilled birth attendance: the process of transforming the role of traditional birth attendants in rural China
- PLOS Medicine – Prioritizing surgical care on national health agendas: A qualitative case study of Papua New Guinea, Uganda, and Sierra Leone
- Global Heart – Prevalence of pragmatically defined high CV risk and its correlates in LMIC: A report from 10 LMIC areas in Africa, Asia, and South America
- eNeurologicalSci – Prevention, management, and rehabilitation of stroke in low-and middle-income countries
DGHI faculty, affiliates, and scholars: Want your publications listed in the monthly Research Roundup? Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the citation or a link to the article!