Morsel India Internship 3- Air pollution and policies and health effects
May 10, 2019 - July 25, 2019
Morsel India (https://morselindia.in/)
Morsel was established on 16th June 2007 and within a span of 11 years, we have surveyed approximately 20 million households in 26 Indian states. We have worked with researchers from very prestigious universities such as MIT, Harvard, Princeton, Yale, Columbia University etc. Morsel has expertise in both qualitative and quantitative data collection. Our work has earned us a reputation in the field of evaluation relating to the social policies, social programmes, survey research and profound analysis of data.
MORSEL specializes in field research by providing quality data through primary and secondary data collection using modern technologies. We have a technologically proficient team of data managers to ensure data quality and security.
Project 3: Air pollution and policies and health effects:
Air pollution is a vexing problem for emerging countries that strike a delicate balance between environmental, health, and energy for growth. We examine these difficulties in a study of disparate levels of exposure to pollution from coal-fired power generation in India, a country with high levels of air pollution and large populations suffering from marginalization. With data on coal plant locations, atmospheric conditions, and census demographics, we estimate exposure to coal plant emissions using models that predict particle transportation. Morsel is working in Lucknow and Jharkhand and collecting data in these two states.
The Interns can be based in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh, India and will work with the Managing Director of the Morsel and concerning researchers. Specific responsibilities include:
• Prepare communication materials including op-eds, articles, social media for use in state and national media
• Data analysis of key data findings for the project
• Prepare presentations/handout for workshop and conference at state and national level.
• Assist to develop survey and/or study materials with the researchers.
• Assist to develop tech-based monitoring model for different projects.
• 5 to 10 number of op-eds, articles, social media articles.
• One evaluation form/Survey and analysis of results.
Project Application Process
A letter of interest and CV/resume needs to be submitted to Bhartendu Trivedi (firstname.lastname@example.org) by March 6.
Project Selection Criteria
• Background in public policy or global health.
• Excellent writing and Good communication skills.