Truls' research interests include: chronic disease epidemiology; obesity; health services research; population health; public health; social medicine; medical informatics; health information systems; health surveys; program evaluation; cost-of-illness; clinical trials; primary care reform; international collaboration; electronic distance education; pharmacoepidemiology; aging; nutrition; dementia; diabetes; and stroke.
- Access to health care
- Cardiovascular disease
- Child health
- Chronic disease
- Environmental health
- Health policy
- Health systems
- Human rights
- Infectious diseases
- Maternal, adolescent and child health
- Mental health
- One Health
401. Kwan YH, Fong WW, Lui NL, Yong ST, Cheung YB, Malhotra R, Østbye T, Thumboo J. Validity and reliability of the Short Form 36 Health Surveys (SF-36) among patients with spondyloarthritis in Singapore. Rheumatology International 2016;36(12):1759-1765
400. Ang SY, Ayoob SBM, Hussain NBS, Uthaman T, Adenan H, Chiang P, Ong LT, Fong MK, Østbye T. Older nurses in Singapore: Factors associated with attitudes towards extending working life. Proceedings of Singapore Healthcare 2016; 2016 25: 222-229, doi: 10.1177/2010105816655553
399. Errickson PS, Kolotkin R, Skidmore MS, Endress G, Østbye T, Crosby R, Eisenson H. Improvements in functional exercise capacity and mobility after a residential diet and fitness program for obese adults. Physiotherapy Research International 2016; 21(2): 84-90. doi: 10.1002/pri.1623.
398. Bodinayake CK, Tillekeratne G, Nagahawatte A, Devasiri V, Kodikara Arachichi W, Strouse JJ, Sessions OM, Kurukulasooriya R, Uehara A, Howe S, Ong XM, Tan S, Chow A, Tummalapalli P, De Silva AD, Østbye T, Woods CW, Gubler DJ, Reller ME. 145. Emergence of Epidemic Dengue-1 Virus in the Southern Province of Sri Lanka PLOS Neglected Tropical Diseases 2016: dx.doi.org/10.1371/journal.pntd.0004995
397. Stankevitz K, Schoenfisch A, DeSilva PV, Tharindra H, Stroo M. Østbye T. Prevalence and risk factors of musculoskeletal disorders among Sri Lankan rubber tappers. International Journal of Occupational and Environmental Health 2016; 22(2) :91-8. doi: 10.1080/10773525.2016.1168073
396. Benjamin Neelon SE, Østbye T, Hales D, Vaughn A, Ward DS. Preventing childhood obesity in early care and education settings: Lessons from two intervention studies. Child: Care, Health & Development. 2016;42(3):351-8. doi: 10.1111/cch.12329
395. Stankevitz K, Schoenfisch A, DeSilva PV, Tharindra H, Stroo M. Østbye T. Prevalence and risk factors of musculoskeletal disorders among Sri Lankan rubber tappers. International Journal of Occupational and Environmental Health 2016; 22(2) :91-8. doi: 10.1080/10773525.2016.1168073
145. Pollak KI, Coffman CJ, Tulsky JA, Alexander SC, Østbye T, Farrell D, Lyna P, Dolor RJ, Bilheimer A, Lin P-H, Bodner ME, Bravender T. Teaching physicians Motivational Interviewing for discussing weight with overweight adolescents: The Teen CHAT Randomized Controlled Trial. Journal of Adolescent Health 2016; 59(1): 96-103
393. Tovar A, Vaughn AE, Fallon M, Hennessy E, Burney R, Østbye T, Ward DS. Providers” response in child eating behaviors: A direct observation study. Appetite 2016: 105: 534-541.
392. Helvik AS, Corazzini K, Selbæk G, Bjørkløf G, Laks J, Benth J, Østbye T, Engedal K. Health-related quality of life in older depressed psychogeriatric patients: One year follow-up. BMC Geriatrics 2016; 7;16:131.
391. Ward DS, Vaughn A, Burney RV, Østbye T. Recruitment of family child care homes for an obesity prevention intervention study. Contemporary Clinical Trials Communiations 2016: 15: 131-138.
390. Malhotra R, Ang S, Allen JC, Tan NC, Østbye T, Saito Y, Chan A. Normative values of hand grip strength for elderly Singaporeans aged 60 to 89 years: A cross-sectional study. Journal of American Medical Directors Association. 2016; 17(9): 864.e1-864.e7.
388. Iversen MM, Espehaug B, Hausken MF, Graue M, Østbye T, Skeie S, Cooper JG, Tell GS, Gunther B, Dale H, Smith--Strøm H, Kolltveit BCH, Kirkevold M, Rokne B.Telemedicine versus standard follow-up care for diabetes related foot ulcers: protocol for a cluster randomized controlled non-inferiority trial: DiaFOTo. JMIR Research Protocols. 2016; 5(3):e148; doi: http://www.researchprotocols.org/2016/3/e148
Helvik A-S, Corazzini K, Selbæk G, Bjørkløf GH, Laks J, J%u016Brat%u0117 %u0160BJ, Østbye T, Engedal K. Are coping strategies and locus of control orientation associated with health-related quality of life in older adults with and without depression? Archives of Gerontology and Geriatrics 2016; 64: 130—137. doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.archger.2016.01.014
Østbye T, Stroo M, Eisenstein EL, Dement JM. The Effects of Two Workplace Weight Management Programs and Weight Loss on Health Care Utilization and Costs. Journal of Occupational and Environmental Medicine 2016; 58(2): 162-9. doi: 10.1097/ JOM.0000000000000586.
Staton CA, DeSilva V, Krebs E, Andrade L, Rulisa S, Mallawaarachchi BC, Jin K, Vissoci JR, Østbye T. High Road Utilizers Surveys Compared to Police Data for Road Traffic Crash Hotspot Localization in Rwanda and Sri Lanka. BMC Public Health 2016, 16: 53. doi: 10.1186/s12889-015-2609-1
Stroo M, Conover C, Adcock G, Olaleye D, Østbye T. The relationship between the use of a worksite medical home and ED visits or hospitalizations. Inquiry: The Journal of Health Care Organization, Provision, and Financing 2015: 52: 1-9. doi: 10.1177/ 0046958015609608
Fuemmeler BF, Stroo M, Lee CT, Bazemore S, Blocker B, Østbye T. Racial differences in obesity-related risk factors between 2-year-old children born of overweight mothers. Journal of Pediatric Psychology 2015; 40(7): 649-56. doi: 10.1093/jpepsy/jsv023
Alexander SC, Fortenberry JD, Pollak KI, Østbye T, Bravender T, Tulsky JA, Dolor R, Shields CG. Disclosures of sexual intercourse by teenagers: Agreement between telephone survey responses and annual visit disclosures. Clinical Pediatrics 2015; 54(6):529-33. doi: 10.1177/0009922815580074
Ku CW, Allen JC, Malhotra R, Chong HC, Tan NS, Østbye T, Lek NS, Lie D, Tan TC. How can we better predict the risk of spontaneous miscarriage among women experiencing threatened miscarriage? Gynecological Endocrinology. 2015; 31(8): 647-51. doi: 10.3109/09513590.2015.1031103
Tillekeratne LG, Bodinayake C, Nagahawatte A, Vidanagama D, Devasiri V, Kodikara Arachchi W, Kurukulasooriya R, De Silva AD, Østbye T, Reller M, Woods C. Use of Rapid Influenza Testing to Reduce Antibiotic Prescriptions Among Outpatients with Influenza-Like Illness in Southern Sri Lanka. American Journal of Tropical Medicine & Hygiene 2015; 4;93(5):1031-7. doi: 10.4269/ajtmh.15-0269
Shin JH, Dupre ME, Østbye T, Murphy G, Silberberg. The relationship of socioeconomic and behavioral risk factors with trends of overweight in Korea. Journal of Ppreventive Medicine and Public Health. 2015; 48(6): 310-8. doi: 10.3961/jpmph.15.001
Mann CM, Ward DS, Vaughn A, Benjamin Neelon SE, Long Vidal LJ, Omar S, Namenek Brouwer RJ, Østbye T. Application of the Intervention Mapping protocol to develop Keys, a family child care home intervention to prevent early childhood obesity. BMC Public Health 10;15(1):1227. doi: 10.1186/s12889-015-2573-9
Bodner ME, Bilheimer A, Gao X, Lyna P, Alexander SC, Dolor RJ, Østbye T, Bravender T, Tulsky JA, Graves S, Irons A, Pollak KI. Studying physician-adolescent patient communication in community-based practices: Recruitment challenges and solutions. International Journal of Adolescent Medicine and Health 2015; aop; doi 10.1515/ijamh-2015-0064
Noda M, Mahotra R, DeSilva V, Sapukotana P, DeSilva A, Kirkorowicz, Allen J, Østbye T. Occupational risk factors for low back pain among drivers of three-wheelers in Sri Lanka. International Journal of Occupational and Environmental Health. 2015; 21(3):216-24. doi: 10.1179/2049396714Y.0000000071
Wijeratne MP, Seneviratne R, Gunawardena N Østbye T, Lynch C. Descriptive study of the psychosocial and physical environments of school in relation to violence among adolescents in the Gampaha district in Sri Lanka. Sri Lanka Journal of Child Health 2015: 44(3): 138-142
Conover C, Brouwer RN, Adcock G, Shipway J, Olaleye D, Østbye T. Worksite medical home: Health services use and claim costs. American Journal of Managed Care 2015; 21(7): e422-429
Ng LWC, Malhotra R, Lai D, Tai ES, Østbye T. Perceived barriers and ideas for weight control interventions in Malay homemakers: results from focus groups. Asia-Pacific Journal of Public Health 2015; 27(2):. doi: 10.1177/1010539513479966
Vasquez K, Malhotra R, Østbye T, Chan MF, Amin H, Khoo G, Choo L, Chew L, Thilagaratnam S. Extent and correlates of change in anthropometric and fitness outcomes among participants in a corporate team-based weight loss challenge in Singapore: Lose to Win 2009. Asia Pacific Journal of Public Health 2015; 27(2): 425-436. doi: 10.1177/1010539512455044
Østbye T, Lyna P, Bodner M, Alexander C, Coffman C, Tulsky J, Dolor R, Pollak K. The effect of parental presence on weight. Clinical Pediatrics 2015; 54(12): 1218-1220. doi: 10.1177/0009922814566027
Isaksen AB, Østbye T, Mmbaga BT, Daltveit AK. Alcohol consumption among pregnant women in Northern Tanzania 2000-2010: a registry-based study. BMC Pregnancy and Childbirth 2015, 15:205. doi: 10.1186/s12884-015-0630-0
Belle JE, Bang RA, Kelkar D, Østbye T, Lagoo-Deenadayalan SA. Innovative bridging of the rural-urban divide: comparison of scope, safety, and impact of collaborative rural surgery camps and an urban surgical program. World Journal of Surgery 2015; 39(4): 871-8. doi: 10.1007/s00268-014-2678-9
Tang X, Laskowitz DT, Østbye T, Bettger JP, Cao Y, Li J, Zhang Z, Liu J, Yu L, Xu H, Hu Y, Goldstein LB. Neighborhood socioeconomic status and the prevalence of stroke and coronary heart disease in rural China: A population-based study. International Journal of Stroke. 2015;10(3):388-95. doi: 10.1111/ijs.12343
Helmes E, Østbye T, Steenhuis R. Is there a multiplicative adverse effect of cardiovascular and kidney disease on neuropsychological measures? Applied Neuropsychology: Adult. 2015;22(3):209-14. doi: 10.1080/23279095.2014.908379
Berge LI, Riise T, Tell GS, Iversen MM, Østbye T, Lund A, Knudsen AK. Depression in persons with diabetes by age and antidiabetic treatment: a cross-sectional analysis of data from the Hordaland Health Study.PLOS One 2015; 26;10(5): e0127161. doi: 10.1371/ journal.pone.0127161
Benjamin Neelon SE, Namenek Brouwer RJ, Østbye T, Evenson KR, Martinie A,Bennett GG. A community-based intervention increases physical activity and reduces obesity in school-age children in North Carolina. Childhood Obesity 2015; 11(3):297-303. doi: 10.1089/chi.2014.0130
Perera B, Watt M, Østbye T, Rajapakse H, Ranabahu S, Maselko J. Perceptions of successful aging in Sri Lankan older people: a qualitative study. Asian Journal of Gerontology and Geriatrics 2015; 10(1): 1-9.
Helmes E, Østbye T. Associations between benzodiazepine use and neuropsychological test scores in older adults. Canadian Journal on Aging 2015; 34(2): 207-214. DOI: 10.1017/S0714980815000082
Østbye T, Mann CM, Vaugn AE, Brouwer RJN, Neelon SE, Hales D, Bangdiwala SI, Ward DS The Keys to Healthy Family Child Care Homes intervention: Study design and rationale. Contemporary Clinical Trials 2015; 40:81-9. doi: 10.1016/j.cct.2014.11.003
Cai Y, Boyd DL, Coeytaux RR, Østbye T, Wu B, Mao Z. Treatment of chronic conditions with Traditional Chinese Medicine: Findings from TCM hospitals in Hubei, China. Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine 2015; 21(1):40-5. doi: 10.1089/acm.2014.0125.
Wijesinghe CJ, Cunningham N, Fonseka P, Hewage CG, Østbye T. Factors associated with caregiver burden among caregivers of children with cerebral palsy in Sri Lanka. Asia- Pacific Journal of Public Health 2015; 27(1): 85-95. doi: 10.1177/ 1010539514548756
Goh G, Tan NG, Malhotra R, Padmanabhan U, Barbier S, Allen JC, Østbye T. Short-term trajectories of use of a caloric-monitoring mobile-phone application among patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus in aprimary care setting. Journal of Medical Internet Research 2015;17(2):e33 doi:10.2196/jmir.3938
Iversen M, Tell GS, Espehaug B, Midthjell K, Graue M, Rokne, Berge LI, Østbye T. Is depression a risk factor for diabetic foot ulcers? 11-years follow-up of the Nord-Trøndelag Health Study (HUNT). Journal of Diabetes and its Complications 2015: 29; 20-25. dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jdiacomp.2014.09.006
355. Pollak KI, Alexander SC, Bennett G, Lyna P, Coffman CJ, Bilheimer A, Farrell D, Bodner ME, Swamy GK, Østbye T. Weight-related SMS texts promoting appropriate pregnancy weight gain: A pilot study. Patient Education and Counseling 2014; 97(2): 256-60. doi: 10.1016/j.pec.2014.07.030
354. Bravender T, Lyna P, Tulsky J, Østbye T, Stewart A, Dolor R, Coffman C, Lin P-H, Pollak K. Physicans’ assurances of confidentiality and time spent along with adolescents during primary care visits. Clinical Pediatrics 2014; 53(11): 1094-7. doi: 10.1177/0009922813512022
353. Benjamin Neelon SE, Taveras EM, Østbye T, Gillman MW. Preventing obesity in infants and toddlers in child care: Results from a pilot randomized controlled trial. Maternal and Child Health Journal. 2014; 18(5): 1246-57. doi: 10.1007/s10995-013-1359-x
352. Greene D, Tschanz JAT, Smith KR, Østbye T, Corcoran C, Welsh-Bohmer KA, Norton MC. Impact of offspring death on cognitive health in late life. The Cache County Study. American Journal of Geriatric Psychiatry 2014; 22(11):1307-15. doi: 10.1016/jdoi: 10.1016/j.jagp.2013.05.002
351. Nilsen C, Østbye T, Daltveit AK, Mmbaga BT, Sandøy IF. Trends in and socio-demographic factors associated with caesarean section at a Tanzanian referral hospital 2000 to 2013. International Journal for Equity in Health 2014; 13(1): 87. doi: 10.1186/s12939-014-0087-1.
350. Do YK, Lakhani N, Malhotra R, Halstater B, Theng C, Østbye T. Association between psoriasis and leisure-time physical activity: Findings from the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey. The Journal of Dermatology 2014; 41: 1—6. doi: 10.1111/1346-8138.12721
347. Maselko J, Sebranek M, Mun MH, Perera B, Ahs J, Østbye T. The contribution of generative leisure activities to cognitive function among Sri Lankan elderly. Journal of the American Geriatrics Society 2014; 62(9): 1707-13. doi: 10.1111/jgs.12985.
349. Wu LC, Malhotra R, Allen JC, Lie D, Tan TC, Østbye T. Risk factors and midwife-reported reasons for episiotomy in women undergoing normal vaginal delivery. Archives of Gynecology and Obstetrics.2013; 288(6): 1249-56. doi: 10.1007/s00404-013-2897-6
348. Pollak KI, Coffman CJ, Alexander SC, Østbye T, Lyna P, Tulsky JA, Bilheimer A, Dolor RJ, Lin PH, Bodner ME, Bravender T. Weight's up? Predictors of weight-related communication during primary care visits with overweight adolescents. Patient Education and Counselling 2014; 96(3): 327-32. doi: 10.1016/j.pec.2014.07.
346. Lee C-T, Stroo M, Fuemmeler B, Malhotra R, Østbye T. Trajectories of depressive symptoms over 2 years postpartum among overweight or obese women. Women's Health Issues 2014; 24(5): 559-565. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.whi.2014.05.008
345. Wijeratne M, Seneviratne R, Gunawardena N, Lynch C, Sandøy IP, Østbye T. Correlates of peer violence among 13-15 year olds in Gampaha district schools in Sri-Lanka. Sage Open July-September 2014: 1-14.
344. Watt MH, Perera B, Østbye T, Ranabahu S, Rajapakse H, Maselko J. Caregiving expectations and challenges among elders and their adult children in Southern Sri Lanka. Ageing and Society 2014; 34(5): 838-858
342. Wijeratne M, Seneviratne R, Gunawardena N, Østbye T, Lynch C, Sandøy I. Development of the Sri Lankan Early Teenagers' Violence Inventory (SLETVI), an instrument to measure violence in schools. Biomed Research International 2014, Article ID 563143, 11 pages. http://dx.doi.org/10.1155/2014/563143
341. Malhotra C, Malhotra R, S Østbye T, Subramanian SV. Maternal autonomy and child health care utilization in India: Results from the National Family Health Survey. Asia-Pacific Journal of Public Health 2014; 26 (4): 401-413. doi: 10.1177/1010539511420418
340. Whitson H, Malhotra R, Chan A, Matchar D, Østbye T. Comorbid visual and cognitive impairment: relationship to disability status and self-rated health among older Singaporeans. Asia-Pacific Journal of Public Health 2014; 26: 310-319. doi:10.1177/1010539512443698
339. Østbye T, Stroo M, Eisenstein E, Peterson B, Dement J. Is overweight and class I obesity associated with increased health claims costs? Obesity 2014; 22(4): 1179-86. doi: 10.1002/oby.20669.
338. Hathcock A, Krause K, Viera AJ, Fuemmeler B, Lovelady C, Østbye T. Satiety responsiveness and the relationship between breastfeeding and weight status of toddlers of overweight and obese women . Maternal and Child Health Journal 2014; 18: 1023-1030. Doi:10.1007/s10995-013-1331-9
337. Molvær AK, Graue M, Espehaug B, Østbye T, Midthjell K, Iversen MM. Diabetes-related foot ulcers and associated factors: results from the Nord-Trøndelag Health Survey (HUNT3) (2006-2008). Journal of Diabetes and Its Complications 2014; 28(2): 156-61doi;10.1016/j.jdiacomp.2013.10.010
336. Beasley GM, Østbye T, Muhlbaier LH, Foley C, Scarborough J, Pruitt SK, Shapiro ML. Age and gender differences in substance screening may underestimate injury severity; a study of 9793 patients at a level 1 trauma center from 2006-2010. Journal of Surgical Research 2014; 188(1): 190-7. doi: 10.1016/j.jss.2013.11.1103
335. Ee TX, Koh S, Allen CA, Malhotra R, Østbye T, Tan TC. Determining optimal gestational weight gain in a multiethnic Asian population. Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology Research. 2014; 40(4):1002-8. doi: 10.1111/jog.12307
333. Thompson JP, Malhotra R, Love SR, Østbye T, Chan A, Matchar DB. Projecting the number of older Singaporeans with Activity of Daily Living limitations requiring human assistance through 2030. Annals of the Academy of Medicine Singapore 2014; 43: 51-6.
332. Bodner M, Pollak K, Dolor R, Tulsky J, Lyna P, Østbye T, Alexander S. Accuracy and congruence of patient and physician perceptions of audio-recorded weight-related discussions content. Project CHAT. Journal of the American Board of Family Medicine 2014; 27: 70-77. doi: 10.3122/jabfm.2014.01.130110
331. Malhotra R, Chei C-L, Østbye T, Chan A, Matchar DB. Older person behavioral and psychological symptoms and functional limitations mediate the association between older person cognitive impairment and depressive symptoms in the caregiver. Archives of Gerontology and Geriatrics 2014; 58; 269-277. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.archger.2013.10.004
Shin JH, Worni M, Castleberry AW, Pietrobon R, Omotosho PA, Silberberg M, Ostbye T. The application of comorbidity indices to predict early Postoperative outcomes after laparoscopic Roux-en-y gastric bypass: a nationwide comparative analysis of over 70,000 cases. Obesity Surgery 2013; 23(5): 638-649. doi: 10.1007/s11695-012-0853-3
Helmes E, Norton M, Ostbye T. Personality change in older adults with dementia: occurrence and association with severity of cognitive impairment. Advances in Aging Research 2013; 2(1):27-36. doi:10.4236/aar.2013.21004
Worni M, Ostbye T, Shah A, Carvalho E, Schudel IM, Shin JH, Pietrobon R, Gueller U. High risk for adverse outcomes after gastric bypass surgery following failed gastric banding: a population-based trend analysis of the United States. Annals of Surgery 2013;257(2):279-86. doi: 10.1097/SLA.0b013e3182683037.
Wiltheiss GA, Lovelady CA, West DG, Brouwer RJ, Krause KM, Ostbye T. Diet Quality and Weight Change among Overweight and Obese Postpartum Women Enrolled in a Behavioral Intervention Program. Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics 2013; 113(1): 54-62. doi: 10.1016/j.jand.2012.08.012.
Malhotra R, Malhotra C, Chan C, Ostbye T. socioeconomic status and obesity among older Singaporean Chinese men and women. Journal of Gerontology: B Psychological Sciences and Social Sciences 2013: 68(1): 117-127. doi: 10.1093/geronb/gbs102
Ostbye T, Chan A, Malhotra R. Variation in and correlates of body mass status of older Singaporean men and women: Results from a national survey. Asia-Pacific Journal of Public Health 2013; 25(1): 42-56. doi: 10.1177/1010539510393726
Malhotra R, Chan A, Malhotra C, Ostbye T. Validity and reliability of the Caregiver Reaction Assessment scale among primary informal caregivers for older persons in Singapore. Aging and Mental Health 2012: 16(8):1004-1015.
Lombardo S, de Silva PV, Lipscomb H, Ostbye T. Musculoskeletal symptoms among female garment factory workers in Sri Lanka. International Journal of Occupational and Environmental Health 2012; 18(3): 210-219.
Fuemmeler BF, Yang C, Costanzo P, Hoyle RH, Siegler IC, Williams RB, Ostbye T. Parenting styles and body mass index trajectories from adolescence to adulthood. Health Psychology 2012; 31(4): 441-9. doi: 10.1037/a0027927
Ostbye T, Krause KM, Stroo M, Lovelady CA, Evenson KR, Peterson BL, Bastian LA, Swamy GK, West DG, Brouwer JN, Zucker NL. Parent-focused change to prevent obesity in preschoolers: Results from the KAN-DO study. Preventive Medicine 2012; 55(3): 188-195. DOI 10.1016/j.ypmed.2012.06.005
Worni M, Scudel I, Ostbye T, Shah A, Khare A , Pietrobon R, Thacker JK, Ulrich G. Worse outcomes in patients undergoing urgent surgery for left-sided diverticulitis admitted on weekends vs weekdays: a population-based study of 31832 patients. Archives of Surgery 2012; 147(7): 649-55
Ogundipe O, Hoyo C, Ostbye T, Oneko O, Manongi R, Lie RT, Daltveit T. Factors associated with prenatal folic acid and iron supplementation among 21,889 pregnant women in Northern Tanzania: A cross-sectional hospital-based study. BMC Public Health 2012; 12(1): 481.
Goswami ND, Gadkowski LB, Piedrahita C, Bissett D, Ahearn MA, Blain MLM, Ostbye T, Saukkonen J, Stout JE. Predictors of latent tuberculosis treatment initiation and completion at a U.S. public health clinic: a prospective cohort study. BMC Public Health 2012, 12:468
Malhotra C, Malhotra R, Ostbye T, Matchar D, Chan A. Depressive symptoms among informal caregivers of older adults: Insights from the Singapore Survey on Informal Caregiving. International Psychogeriatrics 2012; 24: 1335-1346.
Worni M, Ostbye T, Gandhi M, Rajgor D, Shah D, Shah A, Pietrobon R, Jacobs DO, Guller U. Laparoscopic appendectomy outcomes on the weekend and during the week are no different - a national study of 151.774 patients. World Journal of Surgery 2012; 36(7): 1527-1533.
Shin JH, Brouwer R, Maselko J, Young D, Ostbye T. Predictors of and health services utilization related to depressive symptoms among elderly Koreans. Social Science & Medicine 2012: 75(1): 170-85.
Malhotra C, Chan A, Malhotra R, Ostbye T. Prevalence, correlates and perceived causes of limitations in activities of daily living among older Singaporeans. Aging Clinical and Experimental Research 2012; 24 (1): 56-61.
Reller ME, Bodinayake C, Nagahawatte A, Devasiri V, Kodikara-Arachichi W, Strouse JJ, Flom JE, Ostbye T, Woods CW, Dumler JS. Unsuspected rickettsioses among patients with acute febrile illness, Sri Lanka, 2007. Emerging Infectious Diseases 2012; 18(5): 825-9. doi: 10.3201/eid1805.111563
Gulbrandsen P, Ostbye T, Lyna P, Dolor RJ, Tulsky JA, Alexander SC, Pollak KI. The influence of physician communication style on overweight patients' perception of length of encounter and physician being rushed. Family Medicine 2012; 44: 183-188.
Pollak K, Coffman C, Alexander S, Tulsky J, Lyna P, Dolor R, Cox M, Brouwer R, Bodner M, Ostbye T. Can physicians accurately predict which patients will lose weight, improve nutrition, and increase physical activity? Family Practice 2012: 29(5); 553-560.
Ostbye T, Peterson B, Katrina K, Swamy G. Lovelady C. Predictors of postpartum weight change among overweight and obese women: results from the Active Mothers Postpartum (AMP) study. Journal of Women's Health 2012: 21(2): 215-222.
Worni M, Guller U, Shah A, Gandhi M, Shah J, Rajgor D, Pietrobon R, Jacobs DO, Ostbye T. Cholecystectomy concomitant with laparoscopic gastric bypass: a trend analysis of the Nationwide Inpatient Sample from 2001 to 2008. Obesity Surgery 2012: 22 (2): 220-229.
Hurlen P, Borthne AS, Dahl FA, Ostbye T, Gulbrandsen P. Does PACS improve diagnostic accuracy in chest radiograph interpretations in clinical practice? European Journal of Radiology 2012; 81(1): 173-7.
Reller M, Bodinayake C, Nagahawatte A, Devasiri V, Kodikara-Arachichi W, Strouse JJ, Broadwater A, Ostbye T, De Silva A, Woods C. Unsuspected Dengue Causes Acute Febrile Illness in Young Adults in Rural and Semi-Urban Southern Sri Lanka. .Emerging Infectious Diseases. 2012; 18(2) [. http://dx.doi.org/10.3201/eid1802.110962
He S, Allen J, Malhotra R, Østbye T, Tan TC. Association of maternal serum progesterone in early pregnancy with low birth weight and other adverse pregnancy outcomes. The Journal of Maternal-Fetal & Neonatal Medicine 2016; 29(12): 1999-2004.
343. Shin JH, Gadde KM, Østbye T, Bray GA. Weight changes in obese adults 6 months after discontinuation of double-blind zonisamide or placebo treatment. Diabetes, Obesity and Metabolism 2014; 16(8): 766-768.doi: 10.1111/dom.12275.