PARTNERING FOR CHANGE
DGHI’s education, research, and capacity building initiatives are built on a strong network of partnerships with institutions around the world called Priority Partnership Locations. Priority Partnership Locations provide opportunities for faculty and students and are based on a bidirectional, mutually-beneficial relationship with partners and institutions. DGHI has invested in capacity-building, research, and education program development in a number of strategically-important locations.
While each Priority Partnership Location is different in scope, DGHI aims to:
- Foster opportunities for education and research exchanges
- Support faculty-in-residence programs
- Develop experiential learning opportunities for students
- Provide a platform for distance-education
- Create a robust network of partners to exchange ideas and best practices to engage across continents, cultures and traditional boundaries
DGHI Priority Partnership Locations Pilot Research
The Duke Global Health Institute (DGHI) invites research proposals building collaborative interdisciplinary research between DGHI investigators and researchers from one or more DGHI Priority Partnership Locations (PPL). Research should focus on at least one of DGHI’s identified Research Priorities with the larger goal of enabling investigators to leverage preliminary findings and data to obtain larger awards of external funding.
May 15, 2017
Kelly Deal, Assistant Director