Join us for a symposium co-sponsored by Duke Cancer Institute and Duke Global Health Institute with support from the Duke School of Medicine Dean's Office.
Global Cancer Symposium is free and open to the community. The agenda will cover a range of topics and perspectives from local as well as international speakers. The presentations and discussion panel will be followed by a reception open to all participants.
- 12:30 PM – Introduction – Michael Kastan
- 12:45-1:30 – USA - Keynote Speaker: Ted Trimble
Director Global Health, National Cancer Institute, Washington DC
“National and International Efforts”
- 1:30-2:15 – Africa – Nestory Masalu
Chief of Oncology, Bugando Medical Center, Mwanza, Tanzania
“Building a Cancer Center in Sub Saharan Africa”
- 2:15-3:00 – Brazil – Edmundo Mauad
Director, Hospital do Cancer, Barretos, Brazil
“Excellence in Cancer Prevention and Treatment in a Developing Country.”
- 3:00-3:15 Coffee break
- 3:15-4:00 – China – Jian Zhou
Liver Cancer Institute, Fudan University, Shanghai
“Diagnosis and Treatment for Liver Cancers in China”
- 4:00- 4:45 – India – Manju Sengar
Tata Memorial Center, Mumbai, India
“Defining the molecular profiles of lymphoma on the Indian Subcontinent”
- 4:45--5:15 – Panel discussion with all speakers
Facilitators: Nelson Chao and John Bartlett
- 5:15 – Concluding Remarks – Michael Merson
Director, Duke Global Health Institute
Wine and cheese reception to follow. Register by May 1.